Updated: Mar 28, 2020
Creamy Vegan Broccoli Soup
Recipe By: Vegan Snack Daddy
This delicious plant based soup is so creamy and flavorful you won’t even know its vegan! The nutritional yeast creates a cheesy flavor while adding B12, an important supplement for a plant based diet. The ultimate comfort food, this meal is packed with flavor- and veggies! It’s a great way to introduce a vegan recipe to your family and friends while providing all of the vegetables you need for a balanced diet. Chef Keith (aka Vegan Snack Daddy) recommends serving this dish with a nice crusty bread such as a baguette and garnishing the soup with vegan sour cream and smoked paprika. We hope you enjoy this tasty recipe from the kitchen of Vegan Snack Daddy!
2oz Plant Based Butter
2 Whole Carrots
5 Cups Broccoli (Fresh or Frozen)
2 Stalks of Celery
2 Cloves of Garlic
1 Yellow Onion
6 Tbsp Flour
4 Cups Vegetable Broth
2 Cups Unsweetened Plant Based Milk of Choice
3/4 Cup Coconut Milk
1/3 Cup Nutritional Yeast
1 Tsp White Wine Vinegar or Lemon Juice
Salt & Pepper to Taste
Vegan Sour Cream
1. Finely chop carrots, onion, and celery. Cut broccoli into florets
2. In a medium sauce pot, heat vegan butter on medium-high. Add broccoli, carrots, celery, onion, and garlic. Cook until tender (about 5 minutes)
3. Sprinkle the flour over the vegetables and cook two more minutes, stirring occasionally
4. Gradually add vegetable broth and non-dairy milk, stirring constantly to prevent lumps.
5. Add the coconut milk and nutritional yeast and simmer on medium-low heat for about 15 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender.
6. Blend to achieve your desired consistency.
7. To finish, add white wine vinegar (or lemon juice) and season with salt & pepper if needed.
8. ENJOY THE HECK OUT OF IT!